Spondylolisthesis is a spinal condition that affects the lower vertebrae by causing one to slip forward onto the bone directly beneath it. While this condition is quite painful, it is highly treatable.
Spondylolisthesis is a common result of spondylosis.
Symptoms of Spondylolisthesis
Mild cases of spondylolisthesis may not show any overt or obvious symptoms, while those suffering from severe cases may be unable to function normally. Symptoms of spondylolisthesis can include:
- Lower back pain and tenderness
- Stiffness in your back and legs
- Thigh pain
- Tightness in the hamstring and buttock muscles
Spondylolisthesis Risk Factors
The risk of spondylolisthesis can vary depending on a person’s age, family history, and lifestyle. Other risks can include:
- Rapid growth during adolescence
- Playing sports that frequently strain, overstretch, and place significant stress on the lower back, such as football, gymnastics, track & field, and weightlifting
If you are in need of the diagnosis and effective treatment of spondylolisthesis, the staff at the Oklahoma Center for Spine and Pain Solutions would love to see you. Our team is fully equipped to properly diagnose and recommend treatment options, and we are often able to see new patients the same week they contact us.