Pain in the neck area is a common short-term ailment that is rarely indicative of more serious problems. However, there are situations and issues that can lead to the development of chronic neck pain, such as injuries, poor posture over a long period of time, osteoarthritis, and certain working conditions.
Pain that emanates from the neck and moves towards other parts of the body, or neck pain accompanied by numbness and/or loss of strength in the arms and hands should be examined by a medical professional as soon as possible.
Symptoms of Neck Pain
- Pain that gets worse when holding your head in one place for long periods
- Muscle tightness and spasms
- Diminished ability to move your head
- Constant headaches
Neck Pain Risk Factors
- Muscle strains from overuse or awkward positioning held for several hours, often from an occupation or working environment
- Injuries from auto accidents
- Sports injuries
- Worn joints
- Nerve compression
- Rheumatoid arthritis
Neck Pain Treatments
If you’re looking for diagnosis and treatment of your neck pain, the staff at the Oklahoma Center for Spine and Pain Solutions would love to see you. Our team is fully equipped to properly diagnose and provide effective treatment options for your neck issues — and we are often able to see new patients the same week they contact us.